Monday, March 21, 2011

Great Grandma's are Great!

So I have had the privilege of knowing most of my Great Grandma's in my life and it it a joy that my kids have also had the same opportunity. Last October my Grandma Brooks came for a visit and I took that visit as a chance to get a picture of her with each of her Great Grandkids she has here. What a treasure for them to have in the future but I wanted to create something special for her as well. So I hopped on to my Heritage Makers site and created a little canvas for Grandma to have and enjoy. We started from scratch and the kids knew her favorite color is brown and we went from there. Each kid picked their favorite picture they had taken with her and we arranged them in a nice order. We then went through and found some word strips and the kids picked out the ones they thought best described her. after everything was done we had a beautiful canvas. We had it printed and mailed directly to her so that she would have it during all the snowy times. When she received it in the mail it was such a lovely surprise. What a great way for us to tell her how much we love her and all she does. I wanted to share this little project with you today to inspire you to make a little something special for someone in your life today. It doesn't have to be a canvas but if you want to or want to see what other things you can do with your photos for gifts go check out lovelyheartsmemories.com. Enjoy!

No comments: