Sunday, August 22, 2010

Parenting: Touching the Hearts of Our Youth

I can't help but feel touched every time I watch this video and I hope that it touches your lives too. It is soo important to really do those family things especially now as the world seems to be falling apart around us, and I have realised more now than ever that they grow so fast! As I watched Ben take off on his first plane ride this past week without us to head to camp for a week and a half how fast these past 12 years have gone and how little time I have left with him before he goes out in that world on his own for good. Have I done the right thing with him so far, what do I need to improve, will I be able to fix those mistakes I have made so he will be the strong, well rounded individual able to stand up against everything this world has to throw against him. I love how this talk really gets to the basics of what we as parents need to do to make sure our part is done. And it not only works with our kids, but how about those others around us? You may not even have kids yet, but what about your friends, your sisters, brothers, fathers, mothers, cousins, etc? What about your neighbor down the street, are you there, are you listening?? Heavenly Father is sending out messages everyday, every hour, every minute to us, Are We Listening?

3 comments:

krysti alaric said...

i love this post dee it is the best and so r you

SongbirdMama said...

Absolutely fantastic post!

LiveLaughLove and have an opinion said...

You know I ask myself if I am doing enough with them... and then when I listen to them in our one on one time I realize I learn more and more about them every time we talk... I love them all so much ... Steven Tyler put it best when he sang... " i don't want close my eyes I don't wanna fall a sleep cus I'll miss you and I don't wanna miss a thing" ... I am listening and we are learning together everyday :) Love ya D YOU ROCK