Sunday, February 14, 2010

Birthday Fun and soo much More!


So This past week I turned 33! Wow it doesn't seem like it has really been that long since high school let alone since I got married, started having kids, ect. Life really does pass by so fast. Now I am a Mom of 6 beautiful kids that amaze me everyday. But in terms of this past year I think I have done some growing. I started to really look at myself in a new light. Not that I had a really bad self esteem before because I always knew I was worth more that gold but I never really treated myself that way. I let others kind of talk me down. Not in the sense that I have people around me telling me I am worthless but that they treat me that way. But why would they do any different when I did that to myself. I never placed myself first for anything. I love to learn but never took any courses because the money was always needed for everyone else first. And I thought that was all good until I noticed how much I was not acting like me anymore when I saw the kids dancing and I had no desire to join in. So that has changed. I set some goals this year for myself and so far I go back and forth with my shiny fly lady sink but I haven't given completely up which is what will get me to the end. Plus I have taken a Digital Photography course so that I can start learning more about those things I am passionate in. I may even make a career out it some day. In the meantime while I am learning I am looking for willing victims, uhmm I mean volunteers to photograph. ;) I actually got to go to class on my birthday which I thought was so perfect! It was a great birthday though. My friends started spoiling me early When Jenn took me out to Dinner at Moxies where she gave me the most beautiful amethyst necklace (she works for a jewelery store so only picks out the best) and then treated me to a movie. We saw the Book Of Eli which was surprising good. Not that I expected it to be bad, but it was better than I thought it was going to be. I was thinking Mad Max type of thing... there were elements but way better story line. Sorry no thunder dome ;) Then on Monday which was actually my birthday my VT partner Nalyne came and took me out for a birthday brunch. It was so yummy and I took some photos for my class that night too so it even better. Then my family let me rest that day while they took care of everything and my VT's stopped by to wish me well too with the best of all goodies CHOCOLATE! Then that night I went to my class and topped off a perfect day. Then of course I got sick for the next few days after that but I cam back around. Enjoyed Ben's Basketball games, played more with my camera, sent kids skiing, did my job as RS secretary, and then today I also did our almost end of class field trip to UNBC and had a blast. It was a chance to work with the teacher which was fun and take some really cool shots. Then of all cruelty he made me pick only one of those to send in. You see we have a final class gallery/ contest for some prize (I hope it is free entry into the portraits course). How am I suppose to pick just 1??? Well I posted my favorite 16 on facebook and I will share a few here... but we will see the outcome of what I picked tomorrow. I went more artistic than tech so we will see. Anyways here are more photos to enjoy and see you in the next post (although I am not sure if there is actually anyone reading this blog sometimes)

Cloe's new thing is to cover her mouth when she "fake" giggles

Some pictures from Ben's Basketball games... I am glad he has soo much fun.


One of the pictures I took on my birthday for photography class

Matt is a cuddler in the morning and Sam was his teddy bear. I love how my kids love eachother.. and good to have pictures of it when they start fighting ;)

This is Sam's new thing.. reading the Comics every morning, although he tears the paper apart doing it which drives poor Mike up the wall.

Here are some fun pics I took of the box and necklace that Jennifer gave me for my birthday.



These are some of the photos I took today at UNBC. Big thanks to my sis for the ride. Can't wait to get a vehicle back soon.




No comments: