Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Newsletters and Parties

So this past week has been the CRAZIEST week!

Since being called as RS Secretary I decided to change the format of the whole thing. Yep a total revamp so that we could email the newsletter out as well as hand out the paper copies. I am sure there are other wards who already do this as there are so many other talented people out there. I just fiddle around with things keeping my small talents present until I have a chance to really help them grow as my time slowly become more free and I find myself looking for things to do. But that is neither here nor there.. just that I am sure hat I did is nothing too special just a change for our small ward and way for some ladies to keep informed as they lose papers faster than I do at times. I hope this will work out and I am sure there are bugs to be worked out but I thought I would share what I consider my great accomplishment for these past few weeks as it has really kept me busy created everything on it. I blurred the other peoples names and contact info out of respect for them. Also I would like to say Thanks to Food Storage Made Easy for their amazing preparedness plans that will be helping our Relief Society get prepared this year!



I am hoping as I go one with this that is will become less time consuming because it will become natural to me and all preset in a way.

As I was getting this all done these past couple of weeks I was also planning and getting 2 birthday parties together for this past Saturday. Yep Crazy me had Claudia's and Ben's parties planned for the same day. Ben's was suppose to be for the Friday but because he had a ski trip with the school that day as well we couldn't do it before 6pm and they wouldn't book after 4pm so we had to move it the Saturday. The nice thing is that Ben's was held at the local Bubba Baloo's where they have LAZER TAG!! Oh yeah that is the ULTIMATE 12 year old birthday party. LOL Ben was so excited that I agreed to have his birthday there. Well you only turn 12 once and it is such a big thing for a boy to become a young man and a deacon. So Lazer Tag is a small price to pay to celebrate this big event. It was made even better when his long time friend who is almost like another brother to him was able to show up. They haven`t seen each other in almost a year so that made it extra special. Mateo brought his sister along and Ben said she could join in too. So here are some pictures from that fun event.

And as I mentioned Claudia`s party was the same day and that was the party that required some work on my part. Now I have to say a quick thanks to Rhonda Steed for sharing her princess party which helped give me ideas for my first ever princess tea party. After doing 5 2 year old boys parties it was fun doing a little girl but my mind ran wild with ideas so have another party idea plan to use as a base was great. Plus Rhonda is one of the most talented people I know so you know what she does is always great. Can`t believe it has been so long since high school now... anyways back to Cloe`s party. She was so excited to invite some of her little friends especially Annie. Annie is her best friend from Nursery that was born almost exactly 1 month before Claudia. They go back and forth between sharing everything to wanting what the other has. They are both the youngest sister of brothers, Annie has 2 older ones who are Matthews and Tommy's age. Then there was little Kadance. Cloe and her had never met before the party, but I knew her mom Erin and I had met Kadance when I was hanging with Jenn :) Since Jenn was so great as to volunteer her home we couldn't not have these two little ones meet. They had a blast together once Kadance over came being shy. This first picture is of Jenn and Kadance as a thank-you for hosting and coming to our special event :)







If you notice we have homemade tutu's for each of the girls and princess neck wraps for each of the girls and they were so easy to make and so much cheaper that what the exact same things sell for. One of these days I will sit down and post a blog on how to make them. but the tutu's sell for $50 in the stores and I made them for under $7 a piece and the scarves sell for $20 and I made them for less than $1 each. They made for great goody bags to send them all home with and the only candy was a rose sucker that made a great wand. I also went to the local China store and pocked up a mini tea cup set for $2 for 6 and painted each kids name on them so they could also take them home in their goody bags

Hope you enjoyed my fun little party/ brag blog post.. hmmm now what to post next? LOL think I will take a couple days to rest actually and catch back up on the house work that got left behind in my busy weeks.