Monday, August 15, 2016

Deepest Fear

So today I was able to spend some time with Cloe one on one.
It was nice since she just came back from spending almost 2 weeks in Lethbridge with her Grandma.
 So while the boys went out to cut some wood, I introduced her to the movie "Akeelah and the Bee".
She was so involved in it that she was clinging to my arm, hoping for the outcome she wanted.
During the movie I was reminded of one of my favorite quotes.
I took it and using a picture I took of the sunset across the street I made her a picture to hang on the wall.
Everyday we will work on her being able to read it herself so that she will always remember that she can be anything.


Just to post something fun as well, Grandpa bought a water pump like the forest fire fighters use to bring water to the house from the creek.
With a good stretch of hoses water was free running to the house and for the first time since moving out here we had a spraying water.
Ben helped Cloe figure out how to hold it.


She over came her fear of losing control and handled it like a pro.



In the end this was bad news for Grandpa.


1 comment:

SongbirdMama said...

Bwah ha ha! Poor grandpa.