Saturday, August 13, 2016

Final Photos part 1 Getting there

Tamara's Photo shoot February 5 2016

Part 1, Getting to The Twisted Cork

So my sister expressed to me how she did not want a viewing when she passed away.
Some people may argue that this is for the ones left behind and that that would be a chance for them to say goodbye to her.
The reason she asked for this is because she did not want peoples last memories of her to be how she looked a that point.
She wished she had just one last photo of her when she looked healthy so that would be what everyone would remember.
Of course this wish set me in motion.
I talked to a few people and so many came forward to help, but there were challenges that needed to be met.
The miracle was that within  2 days we had an amazing photographer lined up, a make-up artist who volunteered her time, and even a location venue that donated the space. 
Day 3 after coming up with the idea Phoenix and I went shopping for some new clothes to make this extra special for her.
We found the perfect clothing at the Bolli Imports store in the mall that was both soft on her sensitive skin and stretchy to make getting into them not so challenging.
I forgot to take pictures of that trip but it was very special.
Day 5 after the idea was first formed and we are heading to the photo shoot.
These are the pictures and struggles from that day.

Getting out of bed was so hard for her at this point, it exhausted her many times just thinking about it. 
In this first photo she is trying not to cry after the work it took just to get the basics done to leave.
The frustration she had as her body slowly stopped doing what she wanted was the hardest thing for me to watch.



It took a couple of attempts to get her out of bed because it hurt her so much. 
This next picture was after the second time and she just needed to rest.
It was the strength and determination on her face that built up before every try that was, and will always be an inspiration to me.


My husband, Mike, and my oldest son, Ben, were there to help her with everything she needed for moving.
Walking was getting hard for her before this day, but on that day it took everything she had to walk just a few steps. 


She made it to the door but could not do the stairs, again she cried over her failing body.


It was at this point Ben carried her to the car and from the car so she would not have to worry about using that energy again.


We actually made it to the venue for the shoot early and had to wait outside for just a little while.
I think she was a little relieve to not have to get to work right away.
Thank-you so much to The Twisted Cork for be such an amazing place to eat, but also a supporter of the community you live in.


I do not think I will ever truly understand her internal struggles during this time. 
What I will remember the most is how much she fought through it all and never gave up.
If she could do that then my struggles with having to take baby steps while my body heals is minor and I will try to be as strong as she was and consider my self amazing if I find even half of that strength.


No comments: