Sunday, March 15, 2009

Birthdays and more birthdays...


So yesterday we celebrated my sister Tami's birthday. She will forever be 29 only because like 3 days before her 30th birthday we started getting phone calls about her being murdered near Canmore. It turned out to be another Tamara Kobylka but so weird! So are running joke is that she died before she could turn 30. She is 31 yesterday. So we had a mini party and of course there must be cake. I Love cake along with the rest of the world, but it all stays here because I have so many kids. The kids love it, My sweet tooth loves it, my body does not. Oh well, good thing I will be doing extra swimming this next week as the kids are off for spring break. The extra danger is that we are finally celebrating Claudia's birthday today!! Okay so we are almost a month late (good thing she doesn't know that) but we were waiting for my cousin Jennifer to come and she was just never able to make it. When she does get here we might have a mini one just for her. Anyways that means my Lovely Mother will be bringing over MORE cake today!!! Yes We will have not only the carrot cake from last night in the house but some Chocolate as well!!! I AM DOOMED!!! Now I am not that bad for eating the sweet stuff all the time, I love my fruits and veggies more, but I just haven't had the money to buy as many of those as I would like so when I want a snack and all the cake is the only quick thing in the fridge, it makes it so hard to say no. I think I am going to put a Giant Arrow on the fridge pointing to the water cooler that says "I CAN DO IT!" So that I grab a drink of water instead of a piece of cake. Good thing is I have 6 little monsters running through the house that I can feed it too and get it gone quick. Maybe I will put it in the freezer and save it all for Josh`s birthday on the 29th and save the cost of buying a cake or having yet another one come into the house. Think my 10 year old will let me get away with that?? (probably not) I will work hard to stay away and get back on track since the last week I was just grabbing without writing down because we were still trying to get the darn flu out of the house. It was great to have a couple of nice days to clear out the old air in the house. It seems to of helped, but I was still up 1.2 pounds on wednesday. I plan to have that plus some gone this coming up wednesday when I weigh in. In the mean time here are a few pics from the little gathering last night.


Cloe and Grandma Mathes


Claudia Dog piles Ben while still holding her drink.



Claudia had not one...
But both the missonaries wrapped around her finger in minutes and giving her everything she wanted.. including their cake :)

No comments: