Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Sam's Articles

So today's post is not really mine... Just sharing what Sam wrote for the school newspaper.
Please enjoy these 2 pieces of Sam's Work.
I know I did.

Top 10 Christmas movies according to Harwin students         
Written by Sam Lybbert

With the Christmas break coming up soon I wanted to make a list of movies I wanted Harwin students to check out. I turned it into a survey and these are the top 10 results starting with number 10.

10. The Santa Clause Series

9. Nightmare Before Christmas (This is the one I thought would be number 1!)

8. The Muppet Christmas Carol

7. Elf

6. The Night before Christmas

5. The Polar Express tied with Charlie Brown Christmas (I thought Polar Express would outrank Charlie Brown Christmas!)

4. Snow/Santa Buddies

3. How the Grinch Stole Christmas

2. Shrek the Halls (This one was winning when I got to the 1st grade class, so I thought it would win or tie with Nightmare Before Christmas!)

1. Home Alone Series

This list surprised me a little but it is still a great list. As a special note to my sister I also recommend checking out Barbie’s a Perfect Christmas, she really loves it. Have a Happy Holiday Season and good movie watching.

 

*************************************************************


Arthur Christmas Movie Review
Written By Sam Lybbert
Did you know that the average size of the elf is 26 inches? Or how about that Santa delivers 2 billion presents in one night? You can find out these things and other stuff when you watch Arthur Christmas. This movie is about Arthur who is one of Santa’s sons who is awkward but lovable. He ends up going on an epic adventure trying to deliver a present that gets left behind. I feel that it is an awesome movie that shows even the clumsiest person can be a hero and everyone should watch it. While you are watching the movie, be on the lookout for these and other fun stuff: narwhals, C.N. tower, a satellite, and an apple core.
I give this movie 4.5 smiley face people out of 5.  AAAAD
Also currently playing at Famous Players 6 Theater
Happy Feet 2, Puss In Boots, The Muppets, Twilight; Breaking Dawn Part 1
Coming this month:
The Adventures of Tintin, Alvin and The Chipmunks; Chipwrecked!,
We Bought a Zoo
And if you are looking for a little something different to munch on while watching the movie I recommend checking out the MiniMelt machine, little dots of
ice-cream goodness.

 

 



No comments: