Saturday, April 12, 2014

Back into Blogging

So I haven't blogged in a long while.
It wasn't that I didn't want to or have things I wanted to share, but I am just so busy that I forget about the things that I want to do.
So now that we have that out of the way let me tell you about my project for this year.
I have decided to really get into gardening and growing our own food this year so I have plans for building some raised garden beds and have already started some of my own seedlings in the house.
I will admit I did NOT expect the seeds to grow so fast!
I planted them in the little peat pellets on April 1st thinking it would take a week or so the really see them grow. After 3 days I had sprouts and after 7 I had to move some to bigger mini green houses that I made out of some planters I have for my porch in the summer, wooden dowels, and plastic wrap.
I thought that with these new tall green houses I would have some time but more than half my plants are getting to tall for them. Going to have to look at transplanting them again but I am not sure I have the space to keep them in the house. Think I am going to look into building an affordable green house for next year for all these plants.
I am crossing my fingers this goes well. I have the worst luck with growing plants and having them turn out nice.




No comments: