Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Sam Time

So many of you know the many struggles we have had with Sam and helping him connect with society. This also makes a lot of one on one time hard because we are always having to work on something.
I started PVRing the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon when he started because I just love his comedic work.
What does this have to do with Sam you ask?
Well one day Sam walked into my room while I was watching an episode and he just sat down. He started commenting and asking questions, he got involved in the show and we enjoyed it together.
We had fun but he learned a little from it because he related to Jimmy's comedy and point of view of some things. He started to understand more about society, something we have been trying to teach him since he was little.
It has since become "Our" show and we watch everyday when he gets home from school. He has started handling things better with a more positive outlook on them.
So I would like to say Thank-you to Jimmy Fallon for helping my son see that you can turn any frustrating or upsetting situation around if you look at it with a sense of humor.
 

No comments: