Friday, April 25, 2014

Garden Project Update

 So my plants were looking good until they didn't.
First my corn plants started to go and I am not exactly sure why. I think they didn't like to be in the humid plastic wrap for as long as they did.
Notes to keep in mind for next year as with our short growing season here I am sure I don't have time to restart them.
 
 
So the day I started losing my Corn I noticed it was a warm and sunny day outside so I figured maybe some sun would help save some.
not a bad idea and all my plants seemed super happy with the extra sun.
That is they were happy until I got super busy and forgot to bring then in that night and it dropped really low.
The next morning I woke up and ran to check on them. They were all wilted and sad and gone.
Cucumbers, Pumpkins, Butternut Squash, last of my corn peas, and tomatoes.
all that survive was a few tomatoes because they were still covered and that is it.
Makes me so sad. Going to restart what I can this weekend and hope I don't muck it up again.
 
 
So my other project is to give the house a front sidewalk.
The people who lived here before us just had everyone go to the back door and that seems backwards to me.
I like people coming to my front door where it is more welcoming than my back stairs.
So this is what my front yard currently looks like with the work I want done started.
 
 
This is the pattern I am thinking of going with for the brick because I think it will work better with trying to get a curve in the sidewalk.
I think I might still be a little sharp but I am working on it.

 
This is how I am thinking of setting the flower bed border.
I am extending it out so I can make the sidewalk bend less.
I might need to bring it out more before this is done which would mean I will need to make a stepping path to the mailbox..

 
I am sure it will all come together.

No comments: