Monday, February 1, 2016

Day 28: Soothing



Day 28

So we all got up this morning and were getting ready to head to school, except Cloe.
She stayed in bed until the very last possible second.
Just as she was getting up, however, my head started to feel woozy and ache.
This happens because of the concussion from the exploding can on the wood stove (see Day 17 for story)
It came on fast and soon I was so dizzy that I knew I couldn’t drive right away.
Boy did that get kids, aka Cloe, mad.
I had to go back to bed so there ends up day 4 of missed school.
I feel bad about it.
I make it up to the kids by driving in later and taking them swimming.
On the way in we see this amazing sky over Eaglet Lake and I feel at ease over the rough day.


I dropped Tom and Cloe off first to the pool so Matt could go do his flyers, and then we headed over.
I got to enjoy a long, hot shower while I was there.
The relaxation that washed over me was amazing.
It soothed my aches as I just stood in the water.
It was one of the first times all week that I thought of nothing else other than how great the water felt.
  

I really didn’t want to get out, but Cloe was so done with water that she said it was time to go.
 



No comments: