Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spring days, Making flour and bread, and good friends :)


So it has been a while since my last post... just over a week I think. Life has been crazy busy especially with the kids on spring break and having the flu run it's way through our home, YUCK!! We didn't end up with all six going but close. Thanks goodness it was only a 24-48 hour bug.

So after all that fun I introduced the kids to the joy of grinding wheat into flour and making bread with it. Oh how they loved the feel of the wheat and then how cool was it when it went into the grinder and come out flour!! oh yah that was the neatest thing they have ever seen. Making the bread was fun but eating it fresh was the best. So my kids now have a new appreciation for whole wheat bread and keep asking when we are going to make more... I think that might be why they have been eating it faster than normal ;)









Of course while the bread was baking we ventured outside into the nice new spring weather and did some yard work... yep I took my Christmas lights down finally. It was a sad moment but one that needed to be done to get ready for the next season. But hey it was warm enough that Josh could wear shorts outside. Oh the joys of being able to have the kids play outside again! The house will soon be free for a cleaning over haul and maybe we can get the organization in the house really done. In 2 weeks we will be having a garage sale and that should help clear sooo much junk out of the way. that will be like a hundred pounds lifted off my shoulders.





I would also love to give a special Thanks to my friend Jennifer for being a great friend. She has been there lately when I have been feeling over whelmed and it has been nice have someone just be there. It has been a long time to have that close by. Still miss all my friends out in Alberta and the rest of the world but it feels great to have someone close by again that is there to do things with and help me feel like I am not just a mom, but a person too. She is a special soul and I am so glad we became friends.

2 comments:

Terisa's Space said...

I have to admit, the kids looked pretty thrilled to be able to grind the wheat to make the bread! :)
I know I miss my wheat grinder a lot!! but I'm glad it's being of service to someone. (I still miss my wheat grinder!!) Just got to get the kids to quit playing in the wheat... could be tricky when you start finding toys in there and miss a couple that get into the wheat grinder... and if it gets wet, your either going to start growing wheat in the container or have a wonderful case of penicillin in there. :):)

Jenn said...

I Love Love LOVE this batch of pics!!