Friday, May 14, 2010

My Day Yesterday

I had one of those nights, again. You know the ones where you can't get to sleep until 1 am only to be awake again at 2:30 in the morning and then not back to sleep until 6:30am (after I got all the people doing papers out of the house) only to have to wake up again at 7am to get kids off to school. It has been becoming a really bad habbit my body has gotten into lately, even without the help of little ones. I am sure it is not good for my health but until I have kids who do completely sleep through the night I don't feel comfortable taking pills to sleep. I do have some that knock me out to help with my tension headaches but I don't wake-up for anything and in the morning I am groggy and can't seem to get even my eyes to open. And yes that is on the weakest dose of these things. So there they sit on the top of my fridge. Waiting to be used.
 Anyways, I took the time yesterday to try and see what was really wrong with 2 things, my camera and one of my laptops computers.

So it appears that the stinking error code I am getting in my camera, Error 99 is a generic "Gee I don't know what wrong with me, mommy I think my tummy might hurt but maybe my head is hot" type of code. So I went through and did a run of tests that I found on line and a few people I have talked to suggested. First thing I did was clean the lens connections to see if that would fix it. The metal looks brighter, but still get the stinking code. Ok whats next... check the memory. They have this huge to do for checking the internal memory and resetting it and all and my first thought was "I am way to stinking tired to do any of this" So what I did do was check the memory card I was using. So I set my camera to be able to take a picture without the card (the pictures won't stay without one because they do not get written to the internal memory like you can do with a point and shoot) and guess what.. IT WORKS!!! Now the story behind the stinking memory card is that it is not the original one I bought to go with my camera. It is one that I had to run out last minute and buy before Ben and Mike left for Vancouver. I had left mine in one of the computers forgetting it was there as it died while I was getting stuff off of it. It headed over to my friend Chris' house to be repaired and the card never made it back... I keep forgetting to ask him about it, but I went and bought a cheaper card last minute from shoppers (cheap card.. not cheaper price.. really paid a lot for the conveniece of them being open until midnight) It wasn't the best but I thought it should be ok. I guess I was WRONG!! Now I have since then put in a different card. With this one I can take pictures but have to take out and put back in the card if the camera sits too long because it is a memory card that is under recal.. The lexar ones. BUT I can take a few pictures and so I took the ones of the boys papers waiting to be taken in, sorted and delivered. I checked out the sunrise over my street. I then chatted with one of my neighbors and then headed back into the house to wake up the guys. Here are the pics I took of the sunrise.



The next thing I did was try the dang laptop that is giving me more problems after just being fixed. I finally got this message instead of just a running diagnose screen. If anyone knows what to do for this please let me know as I don't want to ask Chris for more help while he is in classes. His being able to study comes first as they are intense classes. He is studing to become a social worker. I think that is a hard and amazing job. So until he is done those this computer will sit, or like I said if anyone knows and can tell me how to do it, I would be grateful.



Later that day the kids had their first practice for Track and Field at the school. Now normally I haven't gone to these as I still have the little ones at home and it is hard to keep them occupied while helping out the teachers. BUT Sam decided he wanted to try going out for the team so they asked me to please come help out. My sister Krysti and Her other half Darryl came with me to the field and watched the little ones while I watched Sam doing his stuff. He is trying out for the Long Jump, the Triple Jump, and The 100 meter dash. I know he will do well with the dash, the long jump he only did 2 runs at so we are going to practice at the stadium field (hopefully everyday he says). I think if Sam can manage doing this "team" yet individual sport well and enjoy himself that next year he will be better when it comes to going on the ski trips and such. Anyways here are a couple of the pictures I grabbed while I was there.  I call the first one one Ben's impression of the Peanuts Charaters Dancing moves. It was an accidental picture I was trying to get him on the up jump for his long jump but caught the way down and I LOVE it!! The other is Sam getting ready to run for his jump.





And last but not least here is my quick break that I took between getting ready for meetings with RS, Making dinner, cleaning the house, ect.... I went outside and saw Cloe like only my little princess can do, having a mini tempure tantrum in her swing because she doesn't want out, but she does not want to be swinging anymore either. Oh how I love this little girl. And Matty asked me to take a picture of him playing soccer so I took the last one on the page. How was your day yesterday?





No comments: