Monday, July 5, 2010

Today We Have a Guest Blogger!!



Today we have a Guest blogger, My oldest Son BEN :)
He just came back from his first ever Young Men's 5 day Hike and Camping trip and is going to share his experience with us as well as the pictures he took. So here's Ben :)


Hi this is Ben. I'm 12 years old and I just came back from Mt. Robson on Saturday. It was lots of work but lots of fun. We spent 5 days in total. 1 day at Whitehorn to start the we went straight to Berg Lake and spent 2 days there. Then we went back down to Whitehorn and spent another day. To get to Whitehorn the first day we hiked 11km. It was another 13km to Berg Lake. We took a day hike on a day we were at Berg Lake to a glacier that I forgot my camera so there's no picture of it.


This is my friend Quinn. I took this picture the day of we started hiking up Mt. Robson

This picture I took while we were driving to Mt. Robson

This is a picture of snow on a couple of mountains that is melting
in the shape of two pokemon. one of the pokemon shapes is Jirachi the wish pokemon.

These two are taken by one of the leaders when we got to Mt. Robson


That is one of Mt. Robson's neighbor mountains.

That is a view of Kinney Lake around sea level and pretty warm.

That is a meal tha one of the leaders had. They had steak, grilled peppers, and mashed potatoes with gravy.

That is one of the waterfalls that came from Emperor Falls.


That is the river that goes by the Whitehorn campsite.


This is me standing at the view point of the river. At the end of the trip I got the "Ant Award" and you can see why in this picture.


This is the other waterfall that comes from Emperor Falls.


That is the Berg Lake glacier not the glacier we hiked to that one is Snowbird Pass.


Those are some icebergs from the glacier in Berg Lake.


These next two are of me and Quinn at Emperor Falls.



These next two are of me right beside Emperor Falls.



This next one is a river that goes to the river by Whitehorn.


This is the Hoary Marmot some called Bidoof (pronounced beedoof) which is a pokemon.

This is a picture of us at the end of the trip just before we went for burgers and fries at the Gigglin' Grizzly in McBride.

3 comments:

Terisa's Space said...

Wow, you took some GREAT pictures Ben! It looks and sounds like you had a great time and really enjoyed yourself. I can't believe the awesome shots you got of the scenery, and I saved some of the pics for myself... especially the ones with you in them! I loved the one about the Ant Award, no doubt you deserved it, what the heck did you have in that backpack?? You looked like you had everything including the kitchen sink! Awesome job blogging as well... you are an awesome kid! I love you lots always, Grandma

Jenn said...

Dyanne: Please ask Ben to be a guest blogger for my blog... I am a horrible blogger and need some help. Thanks!

SongbirdMama said...

Those are some great pictures.....well done, Ben. And Dee.....you've given me a great idea for a guest blogger or two.