Saturday, June 25, 2011

A Sad State of Humanity

Yesterday as Candi and I were driving back to her house after dropping the kids off at home we came upon an accident. It had happened maybe SECONDS before we got there as Candi saw a guy running away in horror. Lying in the middle of the road was a man and his motorcycle about 30 feet away. What has me saddened is that car were still driving to drive around this guy and other people were standing around staring at him. We pulled over and while Candi helped find someone with first aid I started directing traffic away from this poor man. While I was standing there dealing with cranky people glaring at me for not letting get onto the highway the way they wanted I noticed this poor woman sobbing in her car. As soon as the police got there I went over to check on her. I didn't know ho she was only that she was shaking and sobbing with 2 little kids in the backseat. It turns out that when the guy went flying off his bike he flew right into her car. All those people standing around, all the witnesses and NO ONE thought to check on her and her kids. We stayed around to answer the questions.. "nope didn't see what happened.... yes just helped direct traffic until you arrived" then I went back to the lady who is 7 weeks pregnant and stayed with her until her mother arrived. She had a 1 year old little boy who didn't seem to understand what happened as he had the cutest smile on his face but her daughter that was maybe 6 was shaken and really worried about her mother. I feel for this poor family that will relive this accident many times over. I also plead with those motorcyclists out there to be more cautious. When it is raining out, don't speed, it truly isn't worth your life to get to where you are going those few minutes earlier. I am sure what ever it is will wait as long as your arrive alive.



No comments: