Monday, January 3, 2011

Packing it all away...

Yep it is that time of year where Christmas gets put away. Now I admit most years I don't do this this soon. I usually have so much decorating out and I try as hard as I can to keep that quiet spirit that comes with having those special displays out. This year as you know I struggled to get into the whole swing of Christmas. Part of it being I didn't want to push myself to hard and laps back into hiding in my darkened basement on pain. The recovery from that simple infection that took me down so hard has been long and slow. So it was a simple year this year. That also means it isn't that much work to take it down but just as sad. The putting away of the Nativities and Jesus' gift stocking for a whole year, locked away in some cold plastic bins out, out in my cold dark garage, almost seems like I am turning him away. I know it's not the case, but when you watch you kids bring all those statues and figures to life, and the thought they put into their gifts to him just make them all feel like they help bring his spirit even more into our home. I could wait like I have in years past but I have been working hard on creating an organize and happy home, free of clutter, and leaving these out would be the exact opposite of what I am working towards. So away they go. Cloe is having a tough time with it too and getting in every last second of play with all of her favorites before they go out to garage tomorrow. How many of you feel the same way? Sometimes I feel crazy like I am the only one. Anyways to add a bit of fun to this post here is a picture of Cloe putting her gingerbread stuffy to bed for the year.. yes that is a rainbow bright book she used for his pillow.

1 comment:

Terisa's Space said...

awe... she made him so comfortable... he will sleep well until next year! :)