Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Getting Dressed?



So Day 2 with Fly lady is getting dressed to laced up... which means you get up and do your morning stuff and get dressed, with your face and hair and even your running shoe (or other shoes of your choice on.) So I know this going to Bed last night, I know this when Mike's alarm goes off and I had originally planed to get up to take my shower, and I continued to know this as I got up and threw on my house coat and made lunches for the kids and got them off to school, and then as I sat down on the couch and checked my email, and facebook and did exactly as I wasn't suppose to do. I just wanted to take a shower first and since the washing machine was going I couldn't take one... It ended up being noon (well 11:30 plusish) before I took my shower and got dressed for the day. Uhm probably not the point of the exercise... plus I hate wearing shoes and socks so I skipped that too :S Yep not a great day in those terms, but in terms of doing my 15 minute jobs, and keeping my sink clean it was AWESOME!!!! My dishes are all stacked neatly instead of a huge all over the many counters of my kitchen making them look like more work than thy really are (which of course leads to not wanting to do them). I know some people are like "you have that many dirty dishes?" Well you live in a house with 8+ people most of the time and then get sick or be in a car accident where you can't move for a while and see how your dishes pile up.... it's not just then.. when I was working it was o hard to keep up on anything in the house. These baby steps help me get back into the routine and order for the day and get my life back under control. It really makes me think that I was not ment to be working through all this crazy thing called having kids. The extra money was nice, but I am not sure if it was worth it now. Anyways Back to my having a way to go me moment. But the thing is t wasn't just me.. Mike helped today! It was so nice to have him working with me on the stuff around the house. He is as bad as the kids sometimes getting lost in the Wii, or computer games and such and I feel like I have to be a mother to my husband to get him to do even a simple thing like change over the dishwasher. Is this even nice to write on here, but if it is how I feel and this is suppose to be about me, is it wrong? I am not saying he is this horrible person at all... just that I think he longs for the times when he didn't have so much responsibility sometimes. However today was not one of those days. The 15 minute timer worked for him too as he didn't feel like we had to clean the whole house at once so he was more willing to help out. So one down only 6 more to go to get our family back on track :) Joking aside it was nice to feel like a partner again.. it has been so long. I really do love and appreciate him alot.
On another side not today.... Claudia has been going through and independent stage where she wants to do EVERYTHING herself. Not usually bad until t comes to makes dinners and your baby girl is screaming at you because she wants to cut the veggies too... anyways this as also led to her potty training herself her way. So I had to take a pic and share it with you of my little independent girl, who did her own hair, washed her own face, dressed her own clothes and goes potty in the big potty with the seat up like her brothers. Oh how I love her and her brilliant mind. I can't believe she will be 2 in just over a month!


2 comments:

Erica said...

I've heard Fly lady is awesome but I refuse to do it b/c I don't like someone else telling me what to do~LOL.
I can totally relate to the husband helping issue-no it's not horrible that you typed that. We all have our moments. It's sort of comforting to hear we feel the same way about that issue ;>
I LOVE it when Joe and I are doing a task together as it makes me feel more appreciated for some reason.
Enjoy the clean sink! I don't know how you keep up with 7 other people!! Hats off to you lady!

DeeMomof6 said...

Thanks Erica, it really is great to know when we are not the only ones going through these trials.
I thought the same thing about Flylady at first too.. and I admit that I don't do everything she says because I hate being told what to do to.. but it is nice to have the tools to do it my own way :)
Hope things are going better for you :)