Friday, November 5, 2010

What I didn't know I was missing

So most if not all the people who know me know that Claudia is my only girl and that could be what I am referring to in my title, but it isn't. You see what I didn't know I was missing was enjoying a toddler with out a babes in arms. I had Ben and then 1 year later Josh joined and then every 2 years after that give or take a few months until Cloe came along and we are done. So for the first time ever since becoming a Mom I get to enjoy the toddler stage, and I mean really enjoy it. The conversations that just seem to come out of mid air about some of the strangest things. Cloe's latest thing to say is "I have an Idea!" and then go into this mass plan that makes completes sense to her but I am still marveling on how much she seems like Sam with that statement. It is amazing how much more you can get out of this time with your little one. I can take her to the mall to talk to Bell about the problems I am having with my service and options for adding another line and it is just her there. No baby to sooth. We could stop at the Merry-Go-Round with the horses and she can play without the rush of  "Babies going to need to eat soon and it is sooo uncomfortable to sit in the hard chairs at the mall to do it". It was just fun! And I could do something fun like remember my camera to catch it all.





And when taking forever at my stop there is just her to take care of and entertain, no screaming baby because it is now past feeding time with a cranky toddler who just wants to go ride the horses we would of had to skip on the way by. She just put her head down in the cart and said she was mad. It was so easy and peaceful compared to what I am use to. It was cute too so there was no getting cranky on my end.


Of course the 20+ minutes we were there for made for one great negotiation on her part, and she is good at it. Sam has been teaching her and she has caught on fast. Even got the ice cream lady to give her sprinkles on her ice cream cone. It made the experience so different from the first time I ventured to the mall with a 2 year old. I sat crying on the Bench for 30 minutes because I had no idea how to handle the stress I was going through. I truly never thought I would enjoy shopping again. Now I just need to get the income raised up enough to buy things when I go ;)



5 comments:

Jenn said...

Awwwwww! I simply adore this post :,) She is so precious, and I am so glad you get to enjoy your time with her so much. The pictures are so fun and beautiful. Love this post from top to finish!

Mary Lyn said...

Ditto what Jenn said!!!

Terisa's Space said...

she is so precious. I'm glad you're having fun with her. I know I did with Krysti and again now with Abbi. I still do with Abbi and she is the joy of my life... She is my one shining star in so much hatred and hurt. Thanks for sharing Cloe with us, I love seeing her!

LiveLaughLove and have an opinion said...

BEAUTIFUL....and I know she gets it all from her mommy ;).... looks like you guys had fun :)

Julie said...

love the carousel pics! and love that you're loving bein with her :) also, your watermark is adorable ;)