Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Weigh In Wednesday

Yep you read that right... I have decided that I don't care if the doctors want me to continue to take it easy with my weight loss anymore, I NEED to feel like ME again. I have been taking it "easy" to the tune of being 325.6lbs!! I am in shock!! I have 6 kids to live for and all the doctors can offer me is fat blocking pills for now so that I increase my chance of pooping in my pants? Yep not going there, I am done with diapers remember. When my mother-in-law was here this past week we were talking about things and I had mentioned how I wanted to get a pair of walking shoes and a scale so that I would be ready when the doctors said it would be ok to try again. She encouraged me to just go and do it and I am grateful she did. When I stepped on that scale for the first time I just wanted to cry. I didn't feel like I should be that heavy. I can still move and do things, but I had been feeling more tired. Maybe it was all the ordering out that I did while I was working because I would come home late to no dinner made and to tired to make something. Whatever it was, I am done with not doing anything about it. I feel ready for a change, my body feels ready for it and so I am just going to do it! The scale I bought happens to be a Biggest Loser scale that I have inputted my goal and it helps me keep track of my progress towards that goal. I also signed up for the Biggest Loser Club as well. It was on a 3 month trial and I still have my Weight Watchers as well. I thought at first I would which over 3 months of time I liked better, but I am going to have to say that after a week of comparing I am loving the involvement of the BLC and the community there more. I think it is just a better fit to me, especially since it is a plan that is working around what the doctors have told me and it is working... as this is my first weekly weigh in and I am down to 318lbs! back down to less than when I stared weight watchers.. I lost 7.6lbs in one week with out too many big changes in my diet, just counting calories and stuff now instead of calculating points and having an actual fitness plan to help guide me through the steps of introducing my body to being more active and being ok to not store all this fat. I like that there are people on there to talk to about this that have the same troubles and even amount of weight to lose. If the problems come up again I will work through them better this time and not give up. I will not be so hard on myself when I slip up, but rather brush myself off and carry on. So every Wednesday I weigh in and I will share my positive and negative moments here and I will carry forward.

I WILL BE ME AGAIN!! 

And since a post is not the same without a photo, here is one of the sunset that the Toronto Kids enjoyed the night before they went home. More posts on them tomorrow.


2 comments:

Kelli Bullock said...

Way to go Dyanne. Weight is an horrible thing to fight with. I'm in the same boat but I have to wait until I'm done with this pregnancy. My goal right now is to not gain too much, so far I've been doing well.

If you need a buddy to talk to just give me a shout!

Kelli

SongbirdMama said...

I'm right there with you sweetie! I just need to find a way to make myself accountable. I decided that the first of this year was going to be different. I started Jan 1 weighing 231. So far I've only lost 10 pounds. So something has to give. Maybe having a "real life" friend (as opposed to online buddies that I've never met) will be the push I need.

Good luck to you. I know you have it in you!!