Saturday, May 28, 2011

What would you have done?

Ok, You may be thinking, "What 2 posts in one day? WOW! Special day"

Not really I am just needing to finish getting my frustrations out and this is the best to do it.

Some of you may know, and some not, that I have been working on a special project for the past little while. I have had to remember skills I haven't touched in a long time because doing such things with kids around and under foot is hard. Well this opportunity came up and I thought, hey, why not. My kids are older, just have Cloe to really watch, I can do this! I know up beat eh. Well I worked hard.. beat myself down a little for being out of practice but things were starting to come together when today happened. I had had a long night, early morning and just needed a short nap. You know the 30 minute kind to refresh and keep up with the day. Mike was here, the boys were here, whatever could go wrong? Well Cloe out smarted them all and did this...

Yep coloring and smudges and oil EVERYWHERE. I sat down and just started crying. I had the boys keep Cloe away because I was to upset and I didn't know what I would do. I have to have it done it a couple of days and half the details are gone and scribbles all over the rest. I guess this lack of doing anything to punish Cloe hit her harder than a time out because she has been extra careful around me and my stuff since then.

After about an hour I did manage to pull myself together and spent a few hours trying to fix it up and I think I managed ok. It still doesn't have as bright and vibrant of colors as it use to but I think it looks good. Stay tuned and when I am able I will post the finished product and what this was all for.

What I would like to know is what would you have done?

3 comments:

Julie said...

oh no!!! I don't know what it is that you're doing (although it sounds like you have yet to share!) but I probably would have done the same, sit down and cried, and had somebody else deal with the toddler! It's amazing how they get into EVERYTHING!!! *hugs*

SAH in Suburbia said...

Freaked out....cried....then tried to fix it....you're very talented. Remember that Cloe just wants to be like you! :-)

Terisa's Space said...

I agree, Cloe wants to be like you and just wanted to 'help'! You did okay tho and she will be more careful from now on.