Friday, October 14, 2011

Just a few Things I want to share

So today I don't have just one big thing to share but a bunch of little things that make me smile or go hmmm.
1. I LOVE bread makers! more specifically the one I got for FREE off of our local freecycle. I can put in my favorite bread recipe or dough and then leave it. It won't make up the 32 loaves I make at one time when I have a day to make bread but I can make enough dough to make a batch of buns for dinner, or say some cinnamon buns for the kids after school snack and it doesn't take much of my time away.

2. I LOVE Freecycle!! I mean hello bread maker for free and I have been using it to clear out all the junk that has been left in my garage over the past 6 years we have lived here. Photo studio here we come!! Plus I posted that I needed a new built in dishwasher and A lady just emailed me she had one and I pick it up this afternoon. How can you be anything but joyful over this?

3. Dejunking feels GREAT! But the mess you create going through it all to find your lost treasures is frustrating. However when I am done everything in my house will have a home and that gives me a light to work towards! (P.S. to those who use to use me as a storage place I am now closed and will no longer be accepting anything)

4. Listening to our morning line-up of songs this morning I finally realized what song best describes my Cloe's attitude towards life. It is Garth Brooks' Standing Outside the Fire. Yep she is not going to be a person who will let life pass her by she will be apart of it all the way no matter what the trials are... now to teach her to be safe about it so she can have a full life to live. I figured I would share the video for the song to end my post today. It makes me teary eyed every time. If someone can get me a better video of it I would be grateful.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Joel's bread maker has a timer, so he sets it for the am. When we wake up in the morning all we can smell is fresh bread. Then we have hot bread for breakfast. They truly are wonderful things :)

Terisa's Space said...

I love that song!! I even love the video! altho less blurry would have been better.. and that so describes Cloe!!! Have to teach her the safety thing, but then when have any of your children been normal?? All have their wonderful kinds of challenges and all are unique! Why in heaven's name should Cloe be any different?! She is just fearless, and that is her challenge! How wonderful that she should have a song that so fits her perfectly!