Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Weigh In Wednesday, Birthdays and Thanksgiving

So last week I posted about being ok with not being ok and you know what... I took my advise.
I dropped the calculating and the tracking and everything for the week,
spent a few days letting myself be sad and upset,
and spent the rest enjoying my kids and family.
On Sunday Matthew turned 8 and he is so excited.
He made his appointment with the Bishop that same day for his Baptism interview and we had a great dinner of BBQ'd pulled pork on a bun with veggies and Yummy marshmallow cake made by his siblings for dinner.
He received new clothes and a new cranium game.
We have still to book his birthday party for the year but we are going to do it around his baptism date or Halloween which is his favorite time to celebrate his birthday.
Then on Monday we had our Thanksgiving dinner which was tasty!
I made both a ham and turkey roast with all the fixings including Judy's favorite Yams with a touch of brown sugar.
We ate early because I still had tax class that night, yep on a holiday Monday, but we had it.
I found out I failed my exam with a 75% and I needed 80% but we had a new teacher who is giving us a retest tonight because the last one was not doing a good job.
I have had our new one before and I really like the way she teaches so I am excited and not so scared of whether or not I will be able to understand the material now.
Tuesday we did Cloe's dance, Swimming lessons, and celebrated Judy's, My Mother in Laws, birthday with Chinese food and a yummy cake.
I enjoyed it all.
I taught my lesson on Sunday and felt great afterwards and that really helped.
So today I am ready and feel excited to get back on track.
What did taking a week off mean for my weight loss?
Well as you probably guessed I did not loss anything.
Nope I gained a little but not as much as I thought I would of.
I am back up to 312.2 but I am ok with that. I feel more mentally prepared for this week and I think that will make a big difference.
So here is to a week of hard work and loving it.
I have photos I will share later but for now
I thought I would share the handout I made for my Relief Society lesson this past week to end my post.
My lesson was on the gathering of the Lost Tribes of Israel
I found the photo using google and turned it into this using a quote from President Hinckley during a dedication prayer on the Redlands, California Temple


No comments: