Monday, October 3, 2011

Out of Baking Powder!?!

Yep. This morning we ran out of baking powder in the middle of making pancakes for breakfast.
The kids were sure they were going to have to go to school without any.
BUT!!
Google and Ask.com to the rescue!
If you did not know before but would like to know now.. you can MAKE your OWN baking powder!
You can not make baking soda, but baking powder you can!
We were saved!!
So I decided to share the recipe with all my blogging friends out there that I discovered this morning so that if you ever find your self running short you can make your own too.

Ingredients:
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
  • 1 teaspoon corn starch (optional)
Preparation:
Mix the baking soda and cream of tartar together until well combined. Use immediately.

Happy Baking everyone!!

P.S. Wish me Good Luck on my first exam for Level 2 taxes tonight. :S