Friday, October 7, 2011

MMmmmm YUM!

I have this great friend Lynn who sells the most amazing product for your kitchen ever.
If you have never heard of it go look it up and find someone in your area that sells it
The company name is called Epicure
Now when I first heard it I thought it was medical type stuff, but NOPE
They sell the most amazing spices and other amazing products for your kitchen.
I have been lucky enough to be a part of her Epicure Club these past 3 years and that made it so I could afford to get the quality of product I wanted without having to shell out hundreds of dollars all at once.
Best thing I ever did.
So tonight I made Salmon for dinner.
Half of my kids HATE fish.
Crazy I know but it is true.
Well in comes my hero Epicure
They have these fruit dips that are to die for that I decided to use a different way tonight.
On one fillet of salmon I rubbed the Maple Spice Dip Mix over both sides and placed it on some parchment paper and a cookies sheet.
The second one I rubbed all over with the Tropical Dip Mix one both sides and again placed it on parchment paper and a cookie sheet.
I pre-heated my oven and took that time to let the fish just sit in the rubs and then when it was ready to I ground some of their Onion and Chive Sea Salt lightly over the fish and put them in the oven for 35 min.
Now I have never baked salmon before.. I usually B-B-Que them so I was worried that I would over cook them and such but Guess what!!
They came out PERFECT!
I would of taken a picture but my kids attacked them and ate them all!
Served them up with some rice that I cooked in the rice cooker and a nice quick tossed salad and TA DA a gourmet meal made perfect on one of our busiest days.
The kids enjoyed it so much that Mike, who usually takes left over for his lunches at work, barely had time to grab some fish for his lunch..
The Hero saved the day and fish will be a more featured dish in our home from now on.
Thank-you Lynn and Epicure.




No comments: