Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Project Me

So does anyone remember many, many years ago when Richard Simmons revolutionized the weight loss industry with his deal a meal plan?
Well I happened to come across the original version in a freecycle moment and thought I would check it out to see how the healthy life style started rather than dieting.
Now it is weird going through it and seeing how eating and information has changed since then.
What really caught my attention was the little "Project Me" card that comes with the kit.
It is a card you're to read everyday to help remind you what you are working for and that you're important.
I like the idea and for the most part the little statements are good but there are a few I don't agree with.
Let me know what you think.

1. I admit I love food and I am addicted to it.
2. My weight bother me and I know it's not healthy.
3. I am overweight for the most part because I overeat and don't exercise enough.
4. I have blamed many people and many things for my fat, but I must admit I am to blame. I hold the fork.
5. I forgive those who have made fun of me, judged me or put me down because of my weight.
6. I forgive myself and forget about the times I tried before
7. Today I will make time for myself, I will eat healthy and I will exercise. 
8. I will not ignore, hide from or avoid food. I will face food and not lean on it
9. I realize that food has no power and will never solve any problems - past, present or future.
10. I will be patient with myself and will not become compulsive and obsessed with losing weight and exercising.
11. If I didn't do great yesterday, I will try harder today
12. I will take a daily inventory and be truthful with myself.
13. I know now there are no easy ways to do this. I know the only way to achieve my goal is through exercise, eating healthy and staying motivated.
14. I will use my sense of humor today, for it heals loneliness, depression, insecurity and boredom.
15. This time I am doing this for me.
16. I am a terrific person and I like myself right now, no matter what I weigh.
17. The next time I have a craving for anything I know is fattening or am tempted not to exercise, I will think about the new me, and I will be strong.
18. I will take a look in the mirror and say, "I'm going to have a great day."
19. I have a very positive outlook about "My Life."
20. I am doing it! I am going all the way!
21. I am worth it!

I am taking the ones I like and posting them through out my home so that I see them all day long.  


No comments: