Saturday, June 23, 2012

Talent Show 2012

I love the year end talent show that the kids elementary school puts on every year.
I think the kids are very brave to get up there and perform for everyone risking everything.
There were so many great acts and some really cute ones as well.
So fun to watch.
Well Sam and Matt took last year off, but they did go back on this year.
It is a lot of hard work at home for them to get ready for this.
Now Sam doesn't leave things to chance and he creates a script to be used.
I love his sense of control needed but I also love that he is getting use to the idea of improvising when things get off track a little too.
The show started a little slow this year as there was a little misunderstanding and we didn't have a mic stand at rehersal so a few glitches there, but the show must go on and the boys did a great job.
So here is the video of the show, you will need to turn the volume up all the way to try and hear most of it.
I would like to Thank Josh for taking the video for me.
For those interested I will post the script after the video and please every comment on it as the boys LOVE to hear what you thought of the show.

Stage Curtain Opens to Sam and Matt looking for another cup so they can both have a drink of milk
Mrs. A: Sam, Matt uhm it’s time to start your act.
Sam: Sorry but we were feeling really nervous since it has been 2 years and we just really need a drink of milk to calm our stomachs down please.
Mrs. A: Ok but please make it quick as we need to get on with the show.
Matt: Sam I still can’t find my cup. How am I going to have my drink?
Sam: We will make a quick paper cup and you can use that… I will just pour the milk carefully so it doesn’t leak.
Matt: ok that sounds like a great plan.
They roll up a piece of paper and Sam pours some milk in it and then into his cup. Sam takes a drink of his milk while Matt stares at his paper cup.
Sam: Matt, quickly drink your milk so we can do our magic act.
Matt: I can’t Sam.
Sam:  Why?
Matt: Because it has disappeared…. The milk is gone.
Sam takes the paper and tips it upside down then unrolls it to show the audience. Then while he crumples up the paper says
Sam: I am sorry Matt, I guess you will have to take a drink of milk after the show. Next time we won’t use magic paper. *Pause then talks to audience* Good afternoon everybody. How are you all doing today. *lets audience yell answers* Good. Well sorry for the delay in starting, today I have decided to make some money. Next year my family is going to Disney World and I do not have any US money so I figured it would be a great trick to make some.
Matt: Sam… I thought we were going to do the other trick because last time you tried this trick your bag started on fire and we don’t want to set the school on fire.
Sam: It’s fine Matt… I can handle this…. *looks at Mrs. A* You do have a fire extinguisher handy though right…. Oh never mind.. we won’t need it. Matthew could you please pick up my bag and hold it for me, I am going to create boxes of money.
Matt: Sam it’s empty *Shows the audience*
Sam: I know it’s empty, but if I reach inside and wiggle my hand like this then I can pull out a box of money.  *Pulls out box from bag*
Matt: Sam you said you were going to do Boxes of money.. this is just one and the bag is empty again *Shows audience*
Sam: Your right let me just reach in there again and see what I can find. With a little magic I can create another box *Pulls out a second box of money*
*Matt reaches in bag and then quickly pulls hand back out Starts shaking bag*
Matt: Sam I think you put too much magic in the bag this time because it is still creating money but it isn’t in boxes anymore.
*money comes out of bag as Mat continues to shake and then put on table. As Matt looks closer at the money…
Sam: Great!! It worked this time!! Now we have lots of money for going to Disney world with!
Matt: I think you might have a problem with that… you didn’t create US Money.. you Created Magic world money. I don’t think Disney world takes Magic world money.
Sam: Oh Well, maybe next time I will get it right. Thank-you everyone and enjoy the rest of the talent show.
*Sam and Matt bow as the curtain closes*

No comments: