Wednesday, May 8, 2013

4 out 6

So day 3 and it was a running program day. 
Now I was all pumped up except for my sore muscles and even then I was good to go. It was the good ache anyway. 
Get to the track and Cloe and I get going. 
5 min walking check, yes
First 1 min run, done and feeling good. 
Second 1 min run done and feeling okay, muscles in legs getting sore again
Third run done but my calf muscles are getting painful so I stretch for a minute and keep going. 
Fourth 1 min done but I am almost in tears from the pain. Stretch again and walk the rest of the time. Legs feel better when I am done. 
Now my stamina was good, I felt like I could of kept going except for the pain so I was frustrated. 
Happy to have finished 4 this time but still frustrated. 
So here is my question to you who may ready this, when my legs hurt it isn't really my calf muscle or even shin splints but searing pain up the outside of my legs. 
What is that and how do I prevent it?? 
I have never felt pain there before and like I said it is only when I run, if I stop and just keep walking it is gone after about 15 min. 
Sure could use some help here, thanks. 
To make up for not running the rest of the time I decided to enjoy some jumping time with Cloe on the trampoline. 
Tomorrow is just walking, oh and not to mention some more walking tonight with the kids. 
I will be a good day. 

1 comment:

SAH in Suburbia said...

Make sure you really stretch first - shin splints are so easy to get when you're not experienced (coming from one who is not experienced)and be sure you have really good running shoes. They are worth the investment.