Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Life after Taxes

So my 3rd year of being a Tax Pro at H&R Block has come to an end and I find myself relieved and sad.
It is funny how excited I can be for the start of tax season because I have something to do that is mine.
I know it sounds crazy, but I don't have many things where I am not associated as being a Mom or Wife anymore. It is nice to have something that is so separate that there isn't any question as to who I am.
Come the middle of Tax season the allure of it starts wearing off and I find I start missing the time I am fortunate to spend with my kids.
By the end I am so exhausted from the complications and sometimes cranky people ( most of my clients are awesome though and I am lucky that way) that I can't wait to have time to just relax and do other things like clean house.
I am sad though because that one thing that is just mine is gone again for a time.
I try to do other things but it is harder it seems.
I don't have a boss that sets my schedule to blame for taking that time away from the family or saying no to a certain activity.
I love the time I spend with my family but there are times when I really need to spend time as Dyanne too.
I guess that is my goal right now. Find a way to still find to be just me while enjoying being a Mom and Wife.
Wish me luck :)


No comments: