Sunday, May 5, 2013

Laundry and more laundry...

The facts of life while I am working are this..
Edges and corners of rooms never get clean but in fact collect and multiply whatever garbage and items that are already in there.
Walls seem to change colours from the vibrant colour to and dull more grey version.
Dishes slowly pile up as the ones in the dishwasher get washed but pots and pans get missed.
Speaking of dishes they migrate to all ends of the house and play a really good game of hide and seek.
Clean clothes get piled against a corner of my bedroom and everyday get a little more mixed up as we search for our clothes when the ones in the drawers finally run out.
But the one I hate the most is the dirty laundry.
I like to keep it organized so I can just go in to the room grab a pile of already sorted clothes, put it on and leave.
However, during tax season, slowly over time it becomes one big mess and it drives me crazy.
Well this morning I thought there wasn't too many clothes in there and if I grabbed a garbage bag for all the empty laundry soap containers I could have it back in just a short time. So I got to work.
A few minutes after starting Matt said he would go collect the rest of the dirty clothes hiding around in those corners of the house..... Mostly the kids bedrooms.
He came with the first arm full and then another, it wasn't to bad, but he didn't stop there. Load after arm load he kept coming in and I thought I was stuck in a horrible twilight zone episode!
2 hours later I finally had all the clothes sorted and the laundry room clean.
I feel accomplished as one of the many catch-ups are done but over whelmed too. I think it is time to go through my kids clothes again and clear the small things out and any they don't wear any more. That way i am not over whelmed and I don't have so much to wash.
I have been very lucky in that I know some amazing people who give us a lot of the clothes we have but I need to remember to keep everything to a manageable amount.
So I guess folding and sorting all the clean clothes while purging the over amount we have will be the next thing I catch up on. At least I can catch up on my PVR'd shows while I do it.

No comments: