Monday, May 6, 2013

The first day

So today I started a program on an App that my friend Kristen recommended to get me ready for the 5K in August.
It is suppose to help take you from couch potato to runner in 8 weeks.
Now I am not a couch potato but boy did I feel like one today.
I just spent 3 months sitting at a desk full time to going home to kids and hubby to sleep and then all over again.
There wasn't much time for walking like I usually do.
I was so mentally exhausted that the thought of getting on my stationary bike made me feel almost sick. ( yeah I know should have done it anyways.... Won't make that mistake again)
Anyways, so I start the program today. Nice and easy, only about 25 min I can do this.
First I start out with a 5 minute warm up walk. I can totally do that! As a matter of fact I nailed that part if it.
Then the next section is a combination of running for 1 minute and then walking for 1.5 min. Okay not to bad I can handle that too..... Or not. I made it through 3 of the 6 1 minute runs before my legs hurt so bad I couldn't run anymore. 3 minutes of running and I am done? Are you kidding me?!?
So I stretch my legs out and then just walk the rest of the program and by the the time the cool down is done my legs feel better.
I stretch some more as the voice in my headphones say "way to go! See you in a couple if days."
Way to Go?!? I only finished half of it and then I stop myself and say again I Finished Half of it!!!
I didn't fail, I did more today than I have in a while and I ran!! I did half if it plus I didn't just stop I kept walking and finished my time.
As I walk twice a day for this next week I will get better and maybe on Wednesday when I do the program again I will do all of it!! Or maybe 3/4 of it but I will improve and I will celebrate all of the small accomplishments.
So today I celebrate!
I Did Half Of It!!!!


1 comment:

SongbirdMama said...

Good on ya -- half of it is still better than everyone parked on the couch. Keep it up.