Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The first step.

So as I posted a few days ago, my family is going to be doing the 24hr Relay for Life and that means getting into shape.
I have also signed myself up for my first ever 5K run in August.
I am really nervous about that as I have NEVER been a runner.
I was diagnosed with mild asthma when I was in grade 5 and so I figured that meant no running.
Yes, I know now it doesn't mean I can never run but just manage it. So I signed up for my first 5K.
Now I am not a lazy and lay around all day who is afraid to move because I will stop breathing or anything. As a matter of fact I love exercise but I find the conditioning for running and walking is different than sitting on a bike or swimming.
However I do have my bad habits that I need to break to make this work and that I where this post comes in.
My first bad habit is not hydrating myself properly and so that is where I am starting.
The goal is 3 litres of water a day and so I went to the local dollar store and bought 2 1.5 litre bottles of water that I am going to refill every night. I will finish 1 before lunch and the other before bed at night.
Now it is not that I don't like drinking water or anything like that, I just forget.
So here is to not forgetting and starting out on the right foot.
Tomorrow I start working on walking 5K.



No comments: