Friday, February 20, 2009

Day 47.... Pizza and Movie Night :o)

So I again have been so busy and I have to admit the nightly pill that my doctor has me trying out at night to help with my headaches has me sleeping a little better so I crash after I get my stuff done and never quite make it here. My headaches are not as bad now either, it is nice. However I am probably not getting all the sleep she would like me to be having as I still sleep light enough to wake up with the kids and every small thing. Oh if only I could be like Mike and sleep through it all!!

So to catch-up Wednesday I did my weigh in and yep I had gained some weight back.. not a lot just 1.6 pounds making my total weight loss down to 13.9. I was sad, but knew that the lack of exercise I was able to do, plus not keeping track of what I was eating was not going to be good. It made me feel a little sad and wish I was one of those lucky people who could just eat and not worry and then I remembered that really there are a lot of us out there and that I am not the only one who has to work at this. I just didn't realise how much work this was going to be. I am grateful that I did not gain more weight and really need to buckle down with getting to work on this. This is not going to be like school where I could just coast on through and be okay... this is going to require work.

Speaking of school, I also need to buckle down with that now that I am done with Valentines day and birthdays and everything else that makes the beginning of February crazy for us. I haven't even cracked open lesson two except to break the seal on it.

I am also going to pick up some cheap black sheets at walmart this week and try out some new photography ideas I came across. I lucked out and found my friend who is a photographer that I lost the phone number for when I delivered flowers to her house for valentines day. She is going to teach me everything I don't know about my camera and techniques that will make my photos better. It makes me excited the things I can learn and accomplish. I was looking at some of the cards in the flower shop today while I was picking up my deliveries and a local person had taken some of their photos and put them on cards and Sharon was selling them. They were good but when I was looking at them I could think of ones I have that would of looked so much nicer. Maybe that is the way I am suppose to go with a future career, but with my love of learning I can't just drop everything and focus just on that. Now if only I could get my spelling and grammer to match all this information and knowledge trapped in my mind. Oh well I will just remain to be a silent genius that sneaks bits of wisdom in here and there when it is needed. LOL!

So other events of the week are that my baby girl turned 1!! She truly amazes me everyday with what she does and learns. She talks basic words and is even starting to call Ben by name along with mom and dad and other simple words. She understands everything you say and responds with what she thinks is clear words as well as gestures that make it easy to understand what she wants until her other words come clear. She dances all the time and she sings!! She loves singing. She is starting to be a little less girly with not wanting her hair done so perfectly anymore, but done quickly because she has to see what Tommy or any of her other brothers are doing so she can learn. Today I was shocked completely when after her bath she saw Tommy sitting on his potty and when he was done she wanted to. I figured.. hey why not, the introduction to the potty early might help her later on... well if the girl didn't go Poo in the Potty!!! I tried to cheer for her but she just looked at me like "Mom, what's the big deal?" Now she is not ready for complete potty training but her interest and ability to understand what needs to be done will make it happen a lot sooner than her brothers trained. It makes me sad because she is rushing this growing up this and with her being my last I really wanted to take that last chance to enjoy it all. Oh well, they have there own ideas of when they want to accomplish things and hers is faster than mine.

Well tonight was our weekly movie night, every Friday we do this as a family and enjoy just sitting around. The kids didn't think it was right not to do this without Mike now that he works Fridays, but we can't stay up like this on a school night so we are going to have to figure something else to do on a family night with Mike... unfortunately Mike and the boys are too competetive to have a games night, but maybe we could do a swimming night... it would tire the kids out so they would sleep better that night and we can have lots of fun doing it. Hmmm I will run it past Mike and see what he says. His days off are Wednesday and Thursday so it will be a challenge.

Well I better go, kids are sleeping and if I want to get some rest I should probably head that way myself. Have a good one :)

No comments: