Friday, October 15, 2010

Homework...

Yep that's right, I said the dreaded "H" word that we ll hated in school. Well guess what I spent until 12:30 in the morning doing with Ben... that's right, Homework!! I feel so bad for him. He went from a school that didn't challenge him at all to one that over whelmed him with it. He got use to not having to do homework because he could finish everything in class, and now he has so many things being thrown at him that for the first time in his school career he is behind! He didn't know how to talk to me about it because he has never been in this situation before, plus he didn't want to burden me with it while I have other things to worry about. Geez where ever did he get that from? (ok stop pointing your fingers now) So I got a phone call from his teacher Wednesday night and then an email of all the things he has fallen behind in over the past 2 weeks taking him from an A student down to maybe a C student. He was heart broken when I told him this. So we had long talk and he brought home all his papers and stuff yesterday. The list was 11 assignments long of things he was behind on... not to mention the things he had coming due that wasn't included on the list. So he and his friend Nick went and did his papers and came back. I ordered Pizza and we had a Pizza study party. Now Nick is Ben's first friend from his new school and for this past week they have been inseparable. He was there when Ben was hit by a car last week and has been coming to the house everyday after school since. They are in the same homeroom class in the morning so they can do the homework together. It was fun watching these two take apart the anatomy of  poem. Then Nick headed home while Ben caught up on some of his science work. Wow did I ever feel my age and how long I have been out of school while trying to go over it with him... I mean really do you remember (without the help of Wiki) who the first person to name cells - cells and why? Or say how to calculate the actual size of a organism when it takes up 1/3 of the view frame on the microscope at medium strength? Yeah.. now try doing that at midnight! We had so many giggles, it was fun. I told him that no matter what I may go through with my health over the years I will always make time to help him, if I can ;) If not I will gladly pull out the computer and ask good old Wiki for him :D. It was a nice time. We have a whole weekend to look forward to of this as we catch-up and get him back on track for Monday.

And what good is post without some cute pictures so I just had to share these ones I took of Claudia. One is last night after her bath we decided to take a picture of about how long her hair is right after brushing, before it curls back up, and then a couple this morning as she dressed herself for today (for the first outfit that is... she goes through an average of 8 a day!) She even played Peek-a-Boo with the hat she had on. Enjoy!




1 comment:

Terisa's Space said...

What a good picture of Ben's homework!! I love the picture!! I have downloaded and kept a copy of it to my computer and may even print it up for my scrapbook!

Wow is Cloe's hair ever getting long!! She's soooo cute, I can't wait to be closer again so I can spend time with the kids!