Thursday, October 21, 2010

This Little Girl of Mine...

... Is such an independent, fun loving, creative, loving, with the right mix of attitude joy to have around.

With the Boys all in school now I get to spend my days with just her. I think this must be why she decided to come last to our family. We get alone time every weekday now.
She has an infective laugh that you can't help but laugh too.
Her latest things she loves to say are "Me do it myself", "Noffing Mommy, Noffing"
Those 2 statements usually make me cringe on the inside but proud of her too. Okay really not proud of the "Noffing" one but it reminds me that some things are small things and just to breath.
She spends most of her days with a dirty face because she has to do it herself.
Most of the time those noffings and the dirty face involve the same thing. Her favorite it trying to make her own juice but usually ends up with juice crystals everywhere and sticky hands and multi colored facial features. But she always says "I clean it Mommy" and then I sneak in after she is done and actually clean it.

She still loves to look pretty and be a princess, but it isn't so strict now in her mind. She doesn't have to have her hair done up every time she goes out because she likes to comb it herself now.
She dresses herself and has a very interesting style some days,
and most days she changes her clothes 15-20 times.

She has just developed the thing that all kids go through where she sticks her tongue out at you if she doesn't like what you are doing or saying.
It is amazing how many things can make this little girl cranky.
There are days when she is more of a handful than all 5 boys put together!

But then she will turn around 5 seconds later and pretend to take your "Noke" (nose combined with Honk) and giggle and put it on her face. It melts your heart and you forget why you were annoyed 2 seconds ago.

What really touches my heart though are in those quiet moments of the day she will pick up one of her babies and start singing to them.
She has such a sweet compassion and gentleness to her that it reminds you that she is this amazing girl that will someday be a mother herself.

The cats may not agree with me on this as she Loves to "Over Love" them no matter how many times you may suggest or even forcibly tell her that they don't want hugs anymore.
And I am sure she is the cause of the disappearing food from the cat dish because this is the site I came across the other day.

How can you not love a little precious girl like that?
I am one lucky Mom.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I love everything about this post. So precious!
<3

Terisa's Space said...

This is just so precious!! She has such personality all over the place and so much of the precociousness the boys had/have. I LOVE this! It is wonderful that you have such fun together. Enjoy the time, it goes by soooo fast...