Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Trying to fix some Photos..

Okay So if you are trying to decide if the cost of getting a wedding photographer is worth it, please take a look at this before saying no.

My Mom has a lovely friend who, back in the 70's, got married to her wonderful husband and thought they would save the $135 for a professional wedding photographer and just have their friends take their pictures. Now I am not saying I am pro at this point, I still have a lot to learn, but maybe even looking into the local collage, or University would be a cheaper option than taking a risk like this. She has regretted it since she got them developed and I feel for her. I hope to one day be able to go down and maybe take some pictures of her and her husband now as a gift. Until then check out the before picture that she has had to live with for almost 30 years!


I am sure you all can understand her heartbreak. So I have been spending days fixing up some of these photos that my Mom scanned and sent to me. I can't tell you exactly what I did because I am still learning all the ins and outs of Photoshop Elements 8 but after some time and trial and error this is what I have done for her so she can scrapbook her wedding pictures...


It isn't perfect, but I am sure she likes them better. What I suggest though is save yourself the heart ache and the waiting of finding someone or some program that can make it better and go Pro or Student. There are some memories worth the little bit of extra money.

P.S. if you have any tips that could make this better, please feel free to post them :)


1 comment:

Terisa's Space said...

GOOD JOB!! You've done a wonderful job on the pics and Linda is thrilled!! It's a good tip for those wondering if it's a good investment or not... I hope those with a debate listen to this.