Monday, October 4, 2010

Making it through

I have lived with headaches off and on for a few years now. I get tension ones really bad because I carry all my stress in my neck and shoulders.. alwys have according my different doctors and chiropractors. I don't men too but I do so I have come to live with them over the years and I only take pin medication when they get severe enough that I can't function at all. I hate the idea of not being aware when the kids are up and going. OK not hate, I am terrified that something will happen that I can't do anything about and one of my kids will get seriously hurt or die because I couldn't think straight. I am sure most mothers out there understand how I feel. Anyways, for the past few months these headaches have been getting worse at first I thought it was because of a tooth ache that seemed to happen when I ate some popcorn. I went to the dentist at the beginning of September and my Dentist, who is amazing, told me that one of my filling was old and maybe some food had been getting underneath and I had a tiny cavity.So I went in the next week to get it fixed and he discovered a lump in my cheek that he said didn't show up on the x-ray so it probably was some swelling from the aggravation of the tooth but if it didn't go away in a week or so go check it out with my doctor. Now the pain did go away somewhat but not totally. I could feel the lump pressing on the root of my tooth and it hurt. I waited the week and went to the doctor. She seemed a little put off because in her words "this is clearly a dental problem" but sent me for x-rays anyways because of my family history. A week later I went back for the results and they again showed nothing. Now this lump is kinda tucked into my cheek bone area so you can't see or feel it from the outside of my face so she has now booked me for a CT scan which I had to wait a week to even get booked. In the meantime the pressure and headaches have gotten worse... a lot worse. I received the phone call on Friday telling me my scan has been booked for the 26th which is good considering the wait list going on. So Now I am sitting here waiting... I have to tell you that is hard because there are days when my head hurts so bad I can't even be upstairs anymore.. I am living in my basement with the lights out.. or that's where I spent most weekend because my head was so bad. Anyways if you call or drop by and I seem distant or end things quickly I am sorry but I have hope that this will pass soon as we figure out what is wrong. Until then I will make it through.

2 comments:

SongbirdMama said...

Dee;

I'm sorry that things are so difficult for you lately. I hope things get better, and that you get some peace enough to rest when you can.

Jenn said...

I love you <3