Saturday, September 10, 2011

Late Night Adventure

So last night I was looking forward to getting a picture of the Northern Lights. According to NASA that was to happen around midnight. Hmmm NASA has some bugs in their system as they actually came out around 9:30 - 10 pm and I was not ready with my camera. I was in my bedroom finishing putting together my new bed given to me by a wonderful friend. When one of my other friends called me to see if I was outside taking pictures yet and to make sure I sent her one I was so sad. it was around 10:30pm and the lights were already fading. I grabbed Cloe and some of the boys and hopped in the van and off we drove. First we were just trying to find a spot where there were no city lights to get in the way. But within a few minutes of leaving we couldn't see them any more. we headed back home but noticed as we were about to park they had come back a little so we headed off again. this time we knew we were heading towards the airport and going to pull over as soon as we could see the lights clear enough. Now they never came back fully but we did manage to capture this picture...


We are going to be more on the ball tonight with popcorn and everything and try and get a great picture of the lights. It has been a dream of mine since I first saw them. Wish me luck.
Did you see the lights last night?
If you had the chance to take a picture of a natural event what would it be?
Please share :) Love to hear from you.


No comments: