Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Weigh-in Wednesday...reborn... not so pretty

So after having taken the summer off for both the fact I couldn't maintain my food plan because of various reasons, and then the focus on getting the house hold back together I am back to doing what I was doing before... but after stepping on the scale this morning I almost cried. Part of me wishes I had stayed blind to what all the stress, lack of food control, periods of starving my body because of being ill myself, and well completely BAD habits all around ( and yes that includes emotional eating from time to time as I struggled to not loss my mind with everything else... see bad choice) had done to my body that I had worked so hard at getting back into shape.

I was not able to going walking everyday like I wanted to because I was locked in my house and when I wasn't I was busy trying to build up my house again. I haven't been able to go to the pool with my friend for the same reason.

One would think that during the time when I was sick I would have lost weight but remember that kicked my bodies starvation defence into over drive and so instead of losing weight I gain it. Yeah... not fun.

So here I am so sick as to all the work I had done almost gone... OK now you may be curious as to my current standings. well lets do a quick recap of where I started ( I need this one) to where I was, to where I am now.

I started out on May 18 at 325.6 lbs

in July I was 295.8 and so happy to be out of the 300 club with a weight loss of 29.8lbs!... then life kicked in

So today I began to get my life back after getting the rest of the family back together... and so I begin again with a weight of 318.8 lbs. yep almost back to where I was. I was not happy when I stepped on the scale, but I was not all the way back and having done it already once I know I can do it again. And looking at the bright side I still have a loss off 6.8 lbs. Life goes on and you can't let one small set back get you down.

And so to end this post on a fun note check out this picture of Matthew jumping off a rope swing for the first time in the river down in Abbotsford. It still makes me laugh looking at it.



3 comments:

Kelli Bullock said...

Once I have this baby Dyanne I plan to join you in your wight loss journey. I'll keep you posted and maybe we can do this together.

Only three weeks or so for me and then all the real work begins!

SAH in Suburbia said...

This totally happened to me too....and I'm still recovering. I was so UNHAPPY that all of my hard work was wasted. We'll get there...one day at a time!! We just have to keep at it and not get discouraged...easier said than done, right?

Terisa's Space said...

I empathize with your plight having been in it a few times myself, however, you are one of the strongest people I know my girl, you will achieve your goal no matter what the setbacks are...