Monday, January 18, 2016

Day 17: Survived



Day 17

So last night I had an unexpected experience.
I enjoyed an evening at the Improv with my Aunt.
It was so fun!
When we arrived back home I started shutting down the house.
Just as I was heading to the woodstove to spread the coals and put on one last log for the night, something on the stove exploded.
It was the loudest thing I have ever heard.
My ears were ringing.
It hurt so much, I couldn’t even cry loud because it hurt more.
I was only a couple of feet away and very lucky I didn’t get hit by anything.
Now, for those who are wondering, we keep a pot of water on top of the stove to help with humidity.
The kids had also left the tea kettle on the stove as well.
I thought it must have been one of those two things that went BOOM.
They had gone dry and the others did not think to take the one off or fill the pot.
Turns out it was a can of stew someone had put on there to heat up for their dinner and then forgot about.
That explains the fact I was sprayed with tiny bits of stuff.
I sure hope they learned a lesson from this.
If you are going to cook something, no matter where you cook it, WATCH IT!
Don’t leave things on any type of stove unattended.
IT IS DANGEROUS!!
So glad it wasn’t worse.
So today I have been dealing with the after shocks of it all.
I still have trouble hearing from one ear, and my head still really hurts.
Did this stop me from doing things today?
Nope.
I headed into town with my Aunt to finish up some paperwork before she headed home, and then we went to breakfast.
Cloe joined us for some girl time.
After that she headed home and we went to church.
I couldn’t stay past Sacrament meeting because it was just a little to noisy but I loved being there for even just a little time.
I then headed to my sister’s house where I enjoyed a nap before heading home.
So the first picture today is a nod to Phoenix who took one of me sleeping.
Payback for taking one of my Aunt.



These next pictures are from breakfast.
It includes a goofy picture because what would breakfast be without a little fun.




These last pictures are from the drive home.
It looked like PG was on fire in my mirror with the sunset.
It was a must to stop and take that photo.
I was lucky enough to have that beautiful sky stay with me long enough to take a picture of the whole thing.
Cloe’s favorite part from this picture is the horses.

I do wish I had taken my good camera with me and not just my cell phone.
 


No comments: