Thursday, January 7, 2016

Day 7: Late



Day 7

So we have been living out at the property now since the beginning of July.
We chose to drive the kids back and forth to school as Sam adjusted to the change.
He is now taking the bus like a champ most days so it is just the younger kids I am having to drive to elementary school now.
With winter being here and it being so cold in the morning it is harder to get the kids out of bed.
Now, do not misunderstand, we are not freezing out here.
We have electric baseboard heaters that keep the house from freezing and a wood stove that gets the house toasty warm.
Just first thing in the morning, before the fire is going, it is chilly and nobody wants to get out of our nice warm and cozy beds.
I have some kids who are worse than others.
Ben is a get up last minute and get out the door, but not usually late.
Josh HATES mornings as much as I do so he is one of my biggest fighters.
He will yell, storm, slam, kick, whatever to not have to get up.
He is late a majority of the time and is running to catch the bus most days, if he catches it.
Sam gets cranky but he is more of a say he is getting up and then stay in bed kind of kid.
He does leave on time with Ben most days.
Matt is a slow to get up kid but not usually a problem unless he stayed up chatting with Josh and Sam all night.
Tommy is usually my morning kid and gets up before I do except for when it is cold and no fire is going.
He stays cuddled up in bed.
Cloe is like Josh only small, pink, and sparkly.
She is a battle every morning and is usually the main reason I end up leaving late with the younger kids.
When I finally do win the battle to get her up and moving she then has to get dressed.
Even if she has picked an outfit the night before it is not what she wants to wear in the morning.
I have threatened to take her to school in her nightgown, but to be honest, after having to deal with child welfare because someone thought my home was not a safe place for the kids, I am scared to follow through with that one.
So we end up late.
Lunches end up being forgotten in the mad rush to get out the door some mornings.
I feel like screaming!
All I want to do is stay in bed as well.
I wish my kids would understand that I get how hard it is but if we just do it then the morning will not be so bad.
One day I am sure they will know.
Probably when they have kids.
Until then, the battle is real people and if I look frazzled, it is because I am.
Just give me a smile and nod to say you get it, too, and I will survive the rest of the day.
So, today the picture is of Cloe getting her hair done.
It is never at home because, as you have figured out, there is no time after everything.
So, it is always in the car but, not on the way in when she has an hour to do it.
Nope.
She can only do it after we have stopped in front of the school and she should be getting out.


So, for an extra pic for fun, here is the other reason I was late this morning.
There was a snow plow clearing the already cleared roads. 
I was stuck behind him for almost 10 minutes. 
After 5 minutes I did a quick stop to take the picture.
I was entertained by the little bit of snow flying up on the right.




No comments: