Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Day 5: Smoldering



Day 5
Today’s pic comes courtesy of Sam.
No he did not take the pic but it I of something we check everyday.
So back in October there were a lot of people doing controlled burns of some of their wood piles.
My first thought was, All that heat for my home!!
Anyways some of them were so big that they took time to die out.
Well there is this one pile that we see when we first turn onto the highway when heading into town and it was one of the first to be lit.
Everyday Sam has looked to see if it had gone out yet and there would still be smoke rising up from the pile.
He stopped for a couple of weeks we had Christmas break but he asked me if I had noticed yesterday if it was still going.
So thanks to Sam, today’s picture is of the still smoldering pile we have been watching.



Just for fun here is also a pic of the smoldering sunrise.



And one pic of Ben who looking smoldering in his new haircut for his grad photos next week.


No comments: