Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Day 19: Found



Day 19

So today I stayed home and rested.
Well kind of rested.
I took a trip to the main house to find some stuff for the PAC that I very rarely have to use, so I did not think to bring it down to the winter house.
No Big deal I thought.
It is just a little snow and it isn’t that far to walk.

 
One of these days, AFTER the snow melts, I will have to measure exactly what that walking distance is.
Why?
Because when your walking through snow it sure seems like a lot further than when there is no snow.
Still, that is what I did.
Now first things first, I do not have winter boots.
Crazy?!
I know!
They died and I felt putting my money into the house and bills, not to mention food was a wiser investment.
I spend most of my time in the car anyway at the moment.
So this is what I walked up to the house in.


Now I actually have snowshoes, somewhere, just don’t ask me where.
It wasn’t that bad at first.
The dogs showed me some of the pathways they have made.
 


I just followed their lead.
They were having fun.






As I got closer to the house, Josie, the black and white dog, decided to walk behind me and steps on my left shoe, and it comes right off!
IT WAS COLD!!!!
So I balance on the right foot while I pick my shoe out of the snow and shake it off.
That was doable.
What wasn’t doable was standing on one foot, in the snow, trying to put my show, that is all wet and covered in snow, back on.
DOWN I WENT.
I am sure the dogs were laughing at me.
No I did not take a picture of me down in the snow, I was cleaning it off my camera.
Note to self, take older camera next time I hike in the snow with the dogs.
The camera is fine.
I did take this picture on my way back to the other house of where I fell down.



If you look you can see where they circled me while I was sitting down.
This is what my pants and shoes looked like when I finished the walk.



My toes are soooo cold. 
Boots may now have found their way to the top ten of things I need to buy/ pay for.
So I found the PAC stuff, and a whole lot more.
I have been looking everywhere for the rest of my crock pot so I could use it and I was sure I had it down here.
 NOPE, it was at the main house sitting on the counter.
I also found my missing ID wallet with my kids care cards in it.
That is money now saved.
The list also includes a missing external hard drive, computer cords, paperwork, and so much more.
Only thing not found that I am still missing is my swim suit.
So in the future, when I am missing something I am sure I had in one place, I am going to check the other place just in case.
I  also found this lost item of the kids on the the walk.


wonder why they never thought to look in the snow for their lost sled.
On top of all that, I found this really cool, long icicle coming off the winter house roof where the water drain is.


And check out the grass below it.
So pretty.



No comments: