Sunday, January 24, 2016

Day 23: Movie



Day 23

So as you have come to know every Saturday is the day I take Sam to watch the latest movie for his Blog.
The support the theater general manager, Devin, has for Sam is wonderful.
I am so grateful for everything he has done for him.
On the weeks when there are two movies released, Sam picks one of them to watch and review.
He feels he is not ready for two reviews in the same week yet.
Last week he chose between Brooklyn and Norm of the North.
Since he has reviewed a series of dramatic movies lately, In the Heart of the Sea, StarWars: The Force Awakens, and The Revenant, he figured it would be good to watch something lighter, so we saw Norm of the North.
I would have preferred to check out Brooklyn, but this is his Blog so we went.
It was not good.
Both of us were very disappointed.
This is what his thoughts were about the movie, his lowest rated movie to date.
This week the new movie out is Dirty Grandpa.
Not a type we would normally watch in theater, but hey it has good actors, and Sam goes in open minded to every movie.
I am sure the movie appreciation class he took with Ben at the high school has helped with this.
So we watch it.
I know I use to be more open as a teenager to these types of movies, but I guess I have become a prune in my old age.
I get that sex and drugs are becoming more mainstream and accepted, but this was beyond.
Most of the jokes weren’t that funny, although there were a couple I laughed at.
The script writing felt like someone took the F*$% word and copy pasted it over and over with a few other words tossed in.
The theme of doing what you love and not what others tell you what you should do is not a bad one, but does it have to include drugging someone with 5+ pills of Xanax and then add Cocaine to the mix?
That so many people find this funny makes me so sad for society.
Why do we have to make people look like idiots to help them find what they love.
I am a movie buff, probably where Sam gets it from, but two weeks in a row of bad movies has me in desperate need for a good movie.
I think I am going to plan a movie marathon with my sister this week.
I might even cash in some scene points and go check out Brooklyn on my own.
So today’s picture is of the door to the theater with some movie snacks.


We have been in this theater for the past 4 movies.
That has never happened before.
In case your wondering how the other kids feel about Sam watching a movie every week while they stay home, usually it does not bother them.
This week Cloe asked if she could come in and visit with friends.
I told her she had to get the bedroom cleaned first and then the answer would be yes.
She played around instead and this was her face over the consequences of those actions.



And no, she was not happy I took her picture over this.
 



No comments: