Saturday, January 17, 2009

Day 12 and One goal done.

I wish I could say that I finished my Art Course today but that would not be the goal I am talking about. Today I finally tweaked my cookie recipe so that I can enjoy it without killing myself or my food points for the day. I am thankful that I have been blessed with creative thought and the ability to problem solve. After making a test batch I am happy with the result and think it will be a good change for the kids as well. So here is the recipe in case you all want to try it out too.

Dee's Light Oatmeal and Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 lb light Margarine
1 cup white sugar (or splenda but I like the taste better and the nutrition value is not much different)
1/2 cup splenda Brown sugar (If you mix splenda eqully with brown sugar you only need to use half the amount you normally use in a recipe that calls for Brown Sugar)
4 large eggs
1 tbsp vanilla
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp salt
3 cups Multi Grain Flour (the brand I found was Robin Hood)
3 cups instant oatmeal
2 cups chocolate chips (any flavor you like or mix and match for different tastes)

Pre heat oven to 350*C
Cream the Margarine and the 2 kinds of sugars. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix well. Mix the dry ingredients together and combine, mix well. Spoon out about a tablesppon of dough onto a cookie sheet between an inch or more apart and bake for 12 minutes. When they come out let cool for 2 minutes before moving and enjoying. If on weight watchers the point value for each cookie (with sugar or splenda) is 3 points. Makes almost 4 - 5 dozen

Hope these work out for you.. if they seem to spread in the oven you may want to add more flour to the dough.

Well I am off to play a game on the Wii with the kids before getting them in bed and then work on my Art.

1 comment:

angel56 said...

So Dee what is this art course you are writing about!? Looks like a good recipe. My sister came in today and we went to ww together in the morning and Bev was busy with her daughter so I didn't get to the meeting this afternoon. Good for tackling your advisaries.
Love you girl. Love from angel 56.So Dee what is this art course you are writing about!? Looks like a good recipe. My sister came in today and we went to ww together in the morning and Bev was busy with her daughter so I didn't get to the meeting this afternoon. Good for tackling your advisaries.
Love you girl. Love from angel 56.