Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Day 15 .... and the results are....

Okay so nerves aside I did the weigh in and even though I had a really bad food week I still lost *Big sigh of relief* It isn't much but I will take it. I am down to 311.4 which means I lost 1.6 pounds this week. I kinda feel like I am following Biggest loser tradition with a low second week, but really I only have my complete lack of will power to blame. So I watched this weeks show I am all pumped up although Mad that Joelle is still on, but Black team has a good strategy.... get rid of the threats while they can. She did pull up her socks a little this week so I am hoping for big things next week.

Also as promised I did do my measurements today. I think these numbers are uglier than my weight... I just have never felt like I looked like the numbers show... is that good or bad? I don't know. Okay before I keep going here they are:

Bust - 54 1/2"
Waist - 53 5/8"
Hips - 63"!!! (I blamed having kids on that one ;o) )
Arms - 18"
Thighs - 29"

So there they are and like I said I never saw myself that size. I have been told the key to weight loss is being able to see yourself thin, but maybe it was my lack of being able to see how big I was getting that helped get me here. I think this topic is up for serious debate. I do think that now I have my water back in place ( and working on getting more than 2 extra bottles in the house) I will be on better track this week and have better numbers next week. Oh and before anyone jumps, I am not expecting Biggest Loser numbers, just ones that give me more hope. I would like to be at least 3 pounds or more. I think that will help me reach my goals for the summer.

Well it is late, I was up reading some of the new books I bought today with the wonderful gift card my hubby gave me for Christmas. It is so nice to have something to read again.

Oh and before I forget, I did not get my art project completed :o( I did the lesson and I have a good start on the final piece for sending in, but it is an exercise in accuracy so I think that is making me go a little slower than I normally would so that I can get the best grade I can. I will keep you posted as to when I get that finished and maybe even take a picture to post.

Have a good night all

2 comments:

Erica said...

I think the concept of willpower is one that we put a lot of focus on and inevitably we all lose out to it eventually. The key is to foolproof your environment so that when your "willpower" weakens, the temptations are not around. An alcoholic wouldn't keep bottles of alcohol in the house and then beat themselves up when they had a swig out of the bottle. It's the same when your addiction is food except that we have to have food to live. We can't completely banish food from our homes. Try to keep the treats out of the house and see if it helps you keep on track. I am an emotional eater as well but have been very active my whole life which so far has kept my weight manageable but it will catch up with me if I continue to have my "treats". If only chocolate were one of the food groups I'd sail through.....:>

DeeMomof6 said...

I completely agree Erica about everything including the chocolate. I just can't take it all away because of lunches and stuff for the kids, so what I have done is today I went and bought a stock for myself that works with my moments but won't be a trouble maker. Having to keep a stock of things for school lunches is really something I can't stop but I just got smarter about it. Thank-you so much for your support, it means a lot..... now to solve the chocolate being a food group problem ;o)