Saturday, January 10, 2009

Day 5

So maybe I might have stumbled across part of my metabolism problem and why my ancient genes kicked in. On Days like today when I am so busy between kids and work and everything else that goes on in this little world of mine I don't eat like I should. I didn't eat a big breakfast and I didn't have much for lunch until later on in the day and when super came around I still had over 2/3 of my points left! Now maybe that seems silly to some people who would be rejoicing about not haven eaten too many calories and such but that fact is that unless I eat an even amount of food each day I will not lose weight. I have never really kept track before so never noticed that there were times when I didn't eat much. No wonder my body feels it has to save up as much as it can for famines... I put it through mini ones all the time without realizing it. So here I am trying to fit a ton of points into the last part of my day, but not to do it all at once so that I get over full and then feel like I am starving and go over my points when it comes to my nighttime snack needs. It wasn't easy but I did it and now I am going to enjoy the last part of my points with a bowl of buttered popcorn and watch a good movie before bed. I am making the note that I need to be more aware of spreading my points out more evenly through the day while still having my night time goodies.

On the other side of good news today My friend went to her first meeting and she is going to be doing this with me. It is nice not to be alone in this. Not that I was really alone, my Mom is kind of doing it but she is the type that doesn't really follow the whole plan and keep track and I needed someone with me who is doing the whole thing. Thank-you Sandy for being such a great friend and here's to looking forward to good news two times a week, yours and mine.

No comments: