Sunday, January 18, 2009

Day 13 and I am not having a good day

I have had an incredibly bad day with my emotions running rampant and that means that my eating went from being controlled to out of control. All the hard work I out in to earning my activity points and trying to leave them alone so I would have that to keep me grounded for the next way in is gone. I struggled today with financial news that has made my head spin around and around. You see I am one of those people who get insomnia because my head doesn't know when to shut off. I have done many relaxation exercises and such but never been able to get it under control enough to be able to go to sleep when I want to when I have things that could be or are stressful to me. Doctors have wanted to put me on sleep medication for it but I was pregnant or breast feeding so it was not an option. Even now that I am not I don't feel it is an option because I still have kids that wake up in the middle of the night and they can not have 2 parents that are dead asleep. So I have been sitting here under the torture of my head going over and over everything and the more the circle goes the more I grabbed comfort food to eat and the more I grabbed to eat the worst I felt about it but couldn't feel like I could stop because my head wouldn't stop. Even now it is spinning out of control and the only thing keeping me sane at the moment is entering today's post. I must sound like some crazy person right now and who knows I probably am. I just can't stand the constant feeling of needing to cry because things are not in a great place and that makes me want to eat. Then to top it all off I have been drinking bottled water for 11 years plus now because when I am pregnant I am allergic to something that they put in the tap water. Well I had hoped that I would be fine now since that is not suppose to be able to happen again so for the past few days I have been drinking water from the tap to try and save money and not refill our water bottles. I was wrong. These headaches I have been having I noticed got worse today after I had a cup of water and when I tried to drink a second I thought I would die. So I still have problems with tap water but that makes my head spin more because I have to budget in refilling the bottles while we are having the rest of these problems with finances. I want to find a time machine and go back just little ways so that i can prepare for today and make things a little better. Not have them be gone all together but maybe refill the bottles instead of experimenting so that I could handle the stress easier because I would have a clear head. I would have water I could drink instead of attacking the cookies I made for the kids lunches or checking out the leftover food. I knew there would be hard days and guess today was one of them I just need to look at tomorrow as a new day in regards to eating and try to find something that will help me refocus my mind so that I can get some rest and face the challenges tomorrow with a clear mind. So here is hoping to a good nights sleep.

No comments: