Tuesday, January 6, 2009

So today is the start...

So I have been having troubles losing weight over the past almost 11 years, since I started having kids. After a total of 7 kids later (we adopted the first one out because his family was waiting for him) I have gained well over a hundred pounds from what I was in high school.

I have been to the doctor before about the weight gain because I am not an unhealthy eater for the most part and I have even done person training 3 times a week for an hour each time and I still gained weight. The Doctors have told me it is inherited that I have a low metabolism and there for my ancestors were "good healthy peasant stock" and they did not starve during famines but it makes for a hard time for me. They offered me drugs but I hate taking drugs if I don't have to. I was stuck with having to wait until I was done having kids and finished with breast feeding before they could do anything. So I am here at this point. No more kids for me and I want and need things to change. I have decided to start this out with a membership to Weight Watchers to see if getting things in control. I have chosen the online route as it forces me to record more and be more aware than meetings do plus I have more freedom on when to do weighing since my days are never the same twice.

As an added incentive to work hard and to keep track of my body and what I am doing to beat my "inheritance" I have decided to include my blog as my way of posting the good and bad of this next adventure. I will be looking good for August when we have my husbands next family reunion and by next Christmas I will be able to take my kids out sledding without having to worry about the sled. So I will be posting my weight and all my information here. It may be embarrassing to see and share where I am at now, but I know I will feel better as I am able to share the good news as I go down. This will keep me honest as I face good days and days when I fall and need to be picked back up.

Well with that all said here I go with the hard part.. my starting weight. I was shocked when I saw it as I don't feel like I have become this big but I guess you miss things when you are not focused on yourself and I need to change that in part so that I can be here for my kids as they grow. So my starting weight is.... 319.5 pounds. I really wish with a number like that that we had a biggest loser here in Canada for me to try and go on as I am sure they would be able to help get my body unstuck. If anyone hears about it being done up here please let me know so I can try that out if this doesn't work.

Well I am off to spend sometime on our new Wii and get some exercise before I head to be. I love that I have this in the house to help out with my goals for the year. On the 20th I will be getting yet another Gym pass in hopes that this time works.

Wish me Luck

No comments: